Hack the culture
We’re here to crush your dream that your Culture Change Programme will work (sorry). Culture change as a project you can plan with predictable outcomes – it’s a great idea but it doesn’t match the theory. Culture is a complex system with unpredictable outcomes. Nor does it match the real world: 94% of culture change programmes don’t achieve their purpose.
We can help you with that:
- Stop writing powerpoint, start making and testing small things that start a social revolution. We’ll help you hack your way in a single day to a set of firestarter ideas. Try the One Day Culture Hackathon.
- Change the way you make / let change happen. Release some shackles, change expectations, create some trust, create a project structure where the people who feel passionately about ‘what sucks’ can make real progress. Consider Get Out Of Your Own Way.
- Build a group of talented rebels who will step outside the boundaries of ‘what’s expected’. Set them up to achieve things only a visionary CEO would have dared tackle in the past. Talk to us about Corporate Rebels: Part I and Part II.
Raise the energy
The accelerator or decelerator of change is energy – not money, not time, not ‘buy in’. Cynicism, frustration, lip service, low trust relationships, politics – they slow everything down.
Here’s what helps:
- Build everyone’s endurance for change. De-emotionalise, de-sensitise your workplace environment. The Shape of Resilience might help you out here.
- Bring genuine pleasure and satisfaction to everyday work. Find the everyday joy in tasks and relationships at work. Bring back the buzz. Have a look at our Joy at Work programme and Love Your Work.
- Stop treading on eggshells, start talking more directly, more honestly and with no blame (or rescuing). You might like Clean Comms or our Feedback Culture Revolution.