We live in interesting times. The amount of data we are expected to process has increased thirtyfold in the last 20 years; with every new opportunity created by technology, it increases the pace, scope and scale of our businesses. The world is changing faster than we can understand and process it, and it’s impossible for leaders to plan, predict and understand it alone.
That raises new challenges for leaders, which this course seeks to help answer – if we can no longer plan a path based on our experience and expertise, how will we find a courageous way through uncertainty that inspires confidence in those we want to follow us?
What you’ll learn
In this one day workshop, you will learn:
- The difference between simple, complicated and complex situations and the most effective role for leaders in each
- How to use powerful questions to ‘see and hear’ the system, to understand what’s really going on
- How to surface the hidden dynamics present in the system to create a deeper understanding and surface new options
- The value of challenge, conflict and difference, and how to use all three to create new understanding
- Working with apparent paradoxes and dilemmas, and using them to define a way forwards
- How to tap into the collective knowledge and perspectives of your wider network to create ‘systemic wisdom’
- Inspiring confidence and ‘followship’ in others, even when you’re uncertain about what to do next